4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 3:11 PM by schamblee

Filemaker losing connection to host because of windows under parallels

TomGoedhart

Title

Filemaker losing connection to host because of windows under parallels

Hi all!

I am using filemaker in a network on 6 imacs. They all connect to our server (Mac Mini) with filemaker server on it. All iMacs and the server are wired. From the start they all lose their connection with the server after a while. This can be 5 minutes an hour. It is really anoying for the employees to reopen the database 10-20 times a day.

I googled the problem and tried different things. I reinstalled the server and updated all the computers to the latest software (Filemaker 12.0.4), but without any luck. I checked the user settings and even with all privileges they keep losing the connection.  

After 6 months working with it i finally figured out what is causing the problem. When i run windows xp under parralels 8 (With is required for certain software), they keep losing their connection. When i shut windows down (Parrallels still running) it is working! No more connections are dropped! So somewhere there's a conflict between windows and filemaker.

Is there someone familliar with this problem? Or is there anyone with a suggestion how to fix this? We need parallels/windows, but also we do need filemaker. If someone has a suggestion please let me know!