5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 7:06 AM by DoubleDee

Filemaker not updating file if logged in remotely

DoubleDee

Title

Filemaker not updating file if logged in remotely

I recently discovered a pretty big problem with using FMP and remotely loging in to do data entry. It seems that without any direct interaction on the FMP 10 software on the remote computer, the file is not actually updated. Only when a layout is switched or some other user action occurs on the serving computer does the file get revised and rewritten to the disk.

I have been using dropbox to store my DB file as a back up, but when I didn't use the computer that the file was open on, none of my information was written to disk for over a week. The power went out and all of my information was lost. It only existed in the RAM! I've done some tests and I can't get it to write to disk unless I am physically there.

Has this been discussed and is there a way to make the file write to disk remotely? Has it been changed for FMP 12? I'm installing it this weekend so I hope so.

It basically means that anything I do from a remote location is impossible to secure until I visit the location. Very bad setup if you ask me. If I could force the file to save in some way it would be fine, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated!