0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 12:47 PM by jfalberg

FileMaker Odbc Issues, memory

jfalberg

Title

FileMaker Odbc Issues, memory

I am encountering a major problem with my Visual Studio .net c# development where I'm using Filemaker as a database back-end as the application seems to crash often and suspect there to be memory leaks and such.  One thing that I'm concerned which I read about was the following from http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5843/kw/memory

"Please make sure that you do not have a SELECT statement with more than 170 fields or an UPDATE statement containing more than 100 fields."

The main table I am using presently contains 142 fields and the 2 times I use a select statement for that table is to copy its contents to an archive table such as:

string cmdend = " where DocumentFileControlID=" + iQuote(tkt_no);
                      cmdstr = "INSERT INTO ETicketArchive SELECT * FROM ETickets" + cmdend;

and when I retrieve a record so I can populate my form using a similar SQL as above except for the inserting portion.

What's the best way I can proceed with my application without further crashing?  I was thinking one option was to keep my connection open at all times or something at least.