FileMaker Pro - Error importing images

System:

Win Server 2003 Std Ed SP2

Xeon 2.4 w/ 2GB RAM

C: 2.5GB Free 

D: 10.3GB Free

FileMaker Server 5.5

FileMaker Pro 6.0v4

My error message is "Sorry, there is not enough memory to complete this operation."

I am clicking on the built in script to "Import images" and I am selecting an image database to import from. I have also tried selecting just a reference or to just import the whole image. The images are very small (50kb-400kb) and there are only 116 of them. It pops up the error immediately, but does actually import the 1st image. I cannot find the solution to this problem, any ideas?

Thanks,

JD

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro - Error importing images
          philmodjunk

Make sure that your file isn't damaged. Try testing a recovered copy of the file and see if it has the same issue.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
          • 2. Re: FileMaker Pro - Error importing images
            JDDobrowolski

Thanks for the idea!

Ok, I ran a recovery on a copy of the database. Launched it and tried running an import and it unfortunately gave me the same error.

I'm not sure where the backups are for a copy of the database that is old enough for the last time the import worked. I will check to see if we maintain that old of a backup of this data. In the mean time, any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro - Error importing images
              philmodjunk

As a test, you might create a small brand new file with just a container field and try importing into it to see if you get the same problem. If you don't, that suggests damage to the file that recover couldn't fix. If the test file recreates the same error, then the problem lies elsewhere.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Pro - Error importing images
                JDDobrowolski

Thank you again for another idea!

i created a new blank database with just a container field and tried to import records from a folder. I tried with reference and without reference. Both gave me a "Sorry, there is not enough memory to complete this operation." error.

Thank you again for any ideas, this is beyond me as far as why it won't work.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Pro - Error importing images
                  philmodjunk

Since this worked in the past, the challenge is to figure out what changed that now keeps it from working.

If you can find your install disks, you might try uninstalling and re-installing the software.

Also use a utility to make sure that your hard drive is healthy.