AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced

Question asked by vjconaway_1 on May 12, 2009
Latest reply on May 18, 2009 by TSGal

Title

Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced

I have been having trouble opening Filemaker; I have 2GB of ram and I am either getting a dialog box say "Filemaker Pro Advanced.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." or the application just shuts down and will not open. At first, I found that if I shut down all applications except maybe 1, it would open. Yesterday, it would not open even with all applications shut down and I had to reboot my system. I have no problem with Filemaker Pro 9 Advanced. Has anyone else experience this?

Also, I downloaded Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced v2 and tried to load it thinking that might have a fix for this issue. However, when I open the zip file, the first four object contain 'FM and then a series of  blocks or boxes with parenthesis followed by .pdf and when I click on the Setup.exe object, I get "Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Cannot create C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\install\FM???????.PDF."

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes