2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 1:42 PM by carolynhaywood

Filemaker Pro 10 Learning Resources

dmpjporter

Title

Filemaker Pro 10 Learning Resources

I've searched the forums for "learn filemaker" "filemaker books" and "best way to learn filemaker" and the results seemed pretty thin. I am trying to find the best avenue to learn Filemaker beyond the basics, but I am having trouble finding any really good resources. I have the Filemaker 10 Missing Manual book and found it very helpful and I have read the Filemaker users guide, but I would like to find something that goes a bit deeper.

Does anyone have any suggestions of either books or video series that could help me out?

Thanks.

Dave 

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 10 Learning Resources
          TSGal

dmpjporter:

Thank you for your post.

I was hoping by now other users would have responded to this post.  There are several third-party books available, and all of them have their strong points and weak points.

You may want to look at the FileMaker Training Series courses.  Please see the following link for more information:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/training/fts.html

If you have any questions, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 10 Learning Resources
            carolynhaywood

I bought the Filemaker training book and cd and found it to be helpful.  It was way over my head at first but now after having done a pretty complex database, I find it easier and use it constantly as a reference.  The examples in the cd were especially helpful but I wish they were explained better.  It would be nice to find a book that takes you through the process of developing one database from start to finish.

Carolyn Haywood

Beginner