3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 5:40 AM by intrinsicinc

FileMaker Pro 10 on a Netbook

intrinsicinc

Title

FileMaker Pro 10 on a Netbook

I'm looking to run FileMaker Pro 10 on the smallest laptop I can.  

Many netbooks appear to have adequate processing and graphics.  Is anyone running it successfully on a Netbook? If so, what is your Netbook's specifications? 

How much disk space does the program consume (I have a 16gig SSD).

Thanks. 

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro 10 on a Netbook
          AndyCohen

Certainly not a Linux netbook nor a gOS... XP for sure.

Will it fit in 16GB? Possibly... certainly worth the try given the nonvolatile storage of FMADV is a little over 1/2Gb... and you really do not need more then 2GB to run it with volatile memory.

I'm running FMProAdvanced 10 on my EEPC 904.  Runs fine... no compromise at all... it ties in to server too with no issues at all...  I am running XP and it has the 160mb HD though. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro 10 on a Netbook
            TKnTexas

I have the Dell Inspiron netbook with the 32gig SSD.  I have 12gig free after loading Firefox, FMPro10 Adv, Adobe Reader, and OpenOffice3.  I did add a 32gig SD/MMC chip ($30) for the added storage. 

Filemaker Pro 10 folder has 768mb taken up.  I'm thinking of adding BarCard reader to make this an inventory machine.  

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro 10 on a Netbook
              intrinsicinc

Thanks for the great information. 

Now I'm going to kick it up a notch and see if anyone has run FileMaker Pro 10 on a Hackintosh netbook like a Leonovo S10?