3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 1:26 PM by davidanders

Filemaker Pro 10- Instant Web Publishing

new_crcuser

Title

Filemaker Pro 10- Instant Web Publishing

I am currently trying to publish my database over the web. It works fine but only if the host has the database open.

Is there away to access the database over the web, while the database is not open on any other computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 10- Instant Web Publishing
          applelakshan1

hi

yes can be done . working on same project right now. you have to have 2 things before began

01. web server

02. Filemaker Server Advanced

install Filemaker Server in to web server, and upload all theDB files in to the web server also

then Filemaker Server Wil share the Data over internet.( you have to conigure that /prmissions etc)

screch for Google some profesionall Filemaker Hosting Provider if you dont want  those 2 things ( web server and Filemaker server)

thanks

Lakshan

sorry for my bad english

sachira.herath at gmail.com

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 10- Instant Web Publishing
            PointInSpace

You may want to consider a professional hosting provider, such as ourselves:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

This would gain you the added benefit of being on FileMaker Server Advanced, on true server-class hardware, 24/7 monitored and maintained by an experienced company.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com

- John

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 10- Instant Web Publishing
              davidanders

I am currently trying to publish my database over the web. It works fine but only if the host has the database open.

Is there away to access the database over the web, while the database is not open on any other computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

No. The database has to be opened. Either on your computer or a hosting service's computer.