7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 8:16 AM by JLG

Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar

JLG

Title

Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar

I am not sure if something changed, or if I just never noticed, but for some reason I am getting a status bar at the bottom window.  The part I don't understand is it only shows up on some computers.  I have Filemaker Pro 10v3 running on 3 computers, with Filemaker Advanced 10v3 on two of them.  One is running my database shared and the Status Tool Bar is hidden and locked since I have buttons / custom menus for the users.  I use the Advance copy for designing the database and use the Pro copy to run it for the users.  I can run all 3 computers with Pro, 1 sharing the database and the other two accessing it with the status bar only showing up on the two accessing.  Tried swapping things around and the same two show the bottom status bar.  Since I designed the database not having that extra bar at the bottom, it is hiding some of my graphics.  How do I get rid of it?  Also, running WinXP sp3 on all computers.

Thanks for any assistance.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
          philmodjunk

As far as I know, there is no way to display Filemaker's Status bar at the bottom of the window. By any chance is this the Windows status bar that is being displayed? If so, this is an operating system setting that you can change on each computer. It's not a part of the Filemaker Application at all. If this is not what you see, please describe your "status bar" and it's location in more detail.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
            mrvodka

We have to be careful here...

Status Toolbar - formerly known as the Status Area, now located on top in FMP10. It could be toggled on and off.

Status Bar - Windows pre-10 versions. It could be toggled on and off.

Bottom Control -  Zoom, Part Label Toggle, Mode Changes, Toggle Status Toolbar (not removeable)

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
              JLG

It very well could be a windows thing, but it is attached to the bottom of the filemaker window (resizes and changes with the FM window).  I called it bottom status bar, as I don't know what else to call it.  Cannot find any information of it either.  Looks like the Filemaker Status Bar on older versions.  This bar is attached and just below the zoom/mode bar.  Most of the time it shows "For Help, Press F1" in the left corner and the right corner shows num lock and cap lock.  When things are opening, it shows different messages about progress.  For the life of me, I do not remember seeing this before until last week on my database.  I did add zoom (lock), scroll (home) and locked the hide status toolbar script steps this week.  But have disabled and tested with the same results.  Not to mention only 2 of 3 computers show it.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
                Steve Wright

Are all the other computers running filemaker 10.

I didnt realise it had been removed in 10, I just got so used to not seeing it, since I scripted it to be hidden.

My only thoughts are perhaps that its been enabled in filemaker 9, or some of the other machines are opening the solution in 9 ?

• 5. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
                  StellaLuna

I think there might be some confusion.  It is my belief that, as Mr. Vodka said, "Status Bar - Windows pre-10 versions. It could be toggled on and off."  But it couldn't be scripted on or off.  It was toggled on and off as a default (per computer and not per file) and it stuck that way (at least on Windows). 

Only status area or what is now called status toolbar can be scripted to be hidden or shown.  When I installed filemaker on someone's computer I'd have to remember to View then Status Bar to toggle it off.  It just disappeared in version 10 which I'm glad about.

• 6. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
                    Steve Wright

You may be correct, perhaps I didnt script it off and turned it off per file... however since doing it the first time, I had never thought about it since, and only by reading this post discovered its no longer an option in 10. 

Perhaps some remenants of it is left over, maybe try opening the solution in 9, turning it off and then opening it in 10...

Very strange though  (p.s I didnt read properly to start with where it was stated that all machines run 10)

• 7. Re: Filemaker Pro 10v3 Bottom Status Bar
                      JLG

SW wrote:

Perhaps some remenants of it is left over, maybe try opening the solution in 9, turning it off and then opening it in 10...

Very strange though  (p.s I didnt read properly to start with where it was stated that all machines run 10)

That maybe the case here.  I have indeed verified that all copies of my Dbase are running Filemaker Pro10v3 (they would not work on an earlier version), but the two computers in which the bottom status bar appears, have copies of version 6 running on them for some older solutions still in use.  If this is the reason, it is completely odd (bug maybe?). 

FYI, the bottom status bar I am seeing in my v10.3 database looks exactly like the status bar on early versions of filemaker (just opened a few old solutions to verify since I could not remember).