1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 6:04 AM by wedesignstudio

FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced won't start (error: App installed incorrectly or modified by another app)

ebassily

Title

FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced won't start (error: App installed incorrectly or modified by another app)

I have FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced (English version) installed on my computer. I wanted to install also FileMaker Pro 11 (Middle-East version with English menus), distributed by winsoft-international.com, on the same machine to work on a file that has Arabic text and that needs to have fields sorted according to Arabic alphabet. When I installed FM Pro ME version, it did not want to launch even and always gave me the following error: "This application has been installed incorrectly or modified by another program. Please run the Installer to get a fresh copy of the application after determining the cause.". I ran the installation over and over again trying everything possible including removing both apps by CleanMyMac, restarting and installing the ME version alone again, but all this did not work. I forgot to mention that I'm running the new OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 2 on this machine. I tended to rule this fact out since FM Pro 11 Advanced (English) did work fine before installing the FM Pro 11 ME version. Now, I tried removing FM ME version and installing only FM Pro 11 Advanced (English only), but it gave me the same error message above! I tried formatting the hard disk and reinstalling the OS and everything again, but it still gave me the same error. It looks to me that the ME version has plagued the whole machine and I can't install FM Pro 11 Advanced (English) again. This is driving me crazy, so can someone help me know what's going wrong, or what I am missing? Thanks.

Screen_Shot_2012-03-22_at_10.42.47_PM.png