0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 12:08 PM by TimothyHatter

FileMaker Pro 11 Assisted Install Problem - Help

TimothyHatter

Title

FileMaker Pro 11 Assisted Install Problem - Help

Hello. I've created an assisted install for FileMaker Pro 11 to be installed in Windows XP SP3 clients, but I'm encountering some inconsistent results and don't understand the issue as of yet.

I've created an assisted install file that looks something like this (I've X'd out the business and license details).

[Assisted Install]

AI_USERNAME= X

AI_ORGANIZATION= X

AI_LICENSEKEY= XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

AI_LANGUAGE= English

AI_APPLICATIONUSERS= AllUsers

AI_NONEWDATABASES= 0

AI_SHORTCUTS= 0

AI_REGISTRATION= 0

AI_SKIPDIALOG= 1

AI_DISABLEUPDATENOTIFY= 1

AI_DISABLEVERSIONNOTIFY= 1

I then run the installer with this command line (for a silent install): setup.exe /s /v/qn

On a couple production machines it appears to have installed just fine. However on a fairly clean VMware XP machine the following happens:

1. I run the setup command line while logged in as an administrator. For a couple minutes the installer appears to run and then the system automatically reboots.

2. When I log back in after the reboot I immediately get an error notice that it can't find './setup.exe'. All I can do is click ok.

3. I run the installer a 2nd time. It appears to install ok.

I'm not understanding why the reboot is taking place, what is causing the error after logging back in, and why I have to run the setup two times...but not on every machine. I assume something is different from one system to another, but they are all XP SP3 systems with similar base software installed.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.