Filemaker Pro 12 Layout Aberrations
I am a new user of Filemaker Pro 12 and I have developed a new database file. When configuring a new layout for my database, I find two aberrations and I am unsure whether to attribute to user error (my own!) or to a Filemaker Pro bug:
FIrst, I have found in a new layout I created as a listing, some occasional stray characters or graphic figures that appear once i save & exit the layout and enter browse mode. The stray characters or graphic figures come & go and sometimes appear in layout browse mode but do not appear in preview mode (or vice versa). Occasionally, but not often, these stray graphics will also appear in a printed layout. The stray characters most often appear in my layout header and often represent some (but not all) of the text characters I may have previously entered elsewhere in the header as part of a label.
I also find that occasionally the numeric format of a field output does not appear correctly in my layout once in browse mode. For example, I may have formated a numeric field to appear in my layout as a decimal with 0 characters, but instead it appears as a %. This only occurs in the body of my layout. This most often occurs when I have other fields in the layout body also formatted to appear as a percentage, for which they do correctly.
Thus far, in most instances described above, I have worked arouind the problem by deleting and then re-applying the errant field (either the text in the header or the numeric field in the body of my layout). In many cases, this seems to alleviate my problem, but it still occasionally occurs.
Please let me know if any of you have encountered similar behavior when creating new layouts and whether you believe my problem may be attributed to my own or Filemaker Pro error. Thanks.