1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2009 8:21 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker pro 6

aiya

Title

Filemaker pro 6

I am still using the filemaker pro6 on my mac.  Currently it appears that some of the field was being locked with the "Header"  i could not make new entry.  i've checked all feild format and nothing been changed.   it happened that sometimes after few days, it will be automatically re-function again.  Can anyone have solution on how i can unlocked the field.

Also if i upgrade the filemaker pro, will all my data be transferred without any data missing?

• 1. Re: Filemaker pro 6
          philmodjunk

aiya wrote:

I am still using the filemaker pro6 on my mac.  Currently it appears that some of the field was being locked with the "Header"  I could not make new entry.  I've checked all field format and nothing been changed.   it happened that sometimes after few days, it will be automatically re-function again.  Can anyone have solution on how I can unlocked the field.

I can't quite picture what you are describing. Are you using a layout in list view, form view or table view? Is the field in the header part of the layout? I know with version 5.5, you can't edit data in the header part of a layout if you are in list view while you can in version 10. I believe this was a very recent improvement.

Also if I upgrade the filemaker pro, will all my data be transferred without any data missing?

Since I've been able to convert Filemaker 5.5 files to version 10 without losing any data, you should be able to upgrade from 6 with out losing any data.