4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 7:13 AM by stellagirl12

FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000

stellagirl12

Title

FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000

I currently have a database running using the instant web publishing with FileMaker Pro 6.  In the web user interface, filemaker will not recognize the year 2000 when just "09" is inputed in the date field.  For example, when the date is entered as:

2/12/09

the four digit year will come up as 1909 rather than 2009 in both the web version and the actual filemaker database.  Is there something I need to download in order for it to read the correct year?  I already saw the filemaker article about converting between dates and I don't want to do that, nor do I want/need a script (at least I don't think I need one).  I also saw that the article referenced Technical Article #108096 in order to learn more about how filemaker interprets dates.  Where can I find that article?  Or does anyone know what I need to do in order for filemaker to interpret the date as 2009 rather than 1909?

Thanks. 

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000
          TSGal

stellagirl12:

Thank you for your post.

I just found a copy of FileMaker Pro 6 and installed it on my Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.6.  I created a new database file and added a Date field.  When I enter 2/12/09, it expands properly to 2/12/2009.

Can you tell me more about your system?  Windows or Mac?  Operating system and version?

Are these dates imported from another application or are you manually entering them?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000
            stellagirl12

Thanks for your response.  The actual FileMaker database is running on a Mac with an operating system version 10.4.  All of the HTML is done on a Mac as well.  The web interface, however, is used on both Macs and PCs, which is where the issue is occurring.  It is the web publishing portion of FileMaker that is not working right, I believe.

Yes, these file were imported from Excel.  However, even when I go to enter a brand new record which has never been imported from Excel, the date still expands to 1909 and not 2009.  The dates imported correctly from Excel (version 2002 if that matters) as they read 2009 in the database.  It is just when you go to change or edit a record that the date shows up as 1909.  Furthermore, if you enter the entire year (2009) it is fine and will show up correctly.  But, when just 09 is entered, that's when 1909 appears.

Thanks. 

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000
              TSGal

stellagirl12:

Thank you for the additional information.

I'm not sure what is the cause, which I know doesn't help you.

Let's create a new database file.  Name it "TEST" and create one date field "DATE".  Go to Browse and in the first record enter "2/12/09".  Does this expand to 2009 or 1909?

If this works properly, then open your original file, pull down the File menu and select "Save a Copy As..."   In the next dialog box, at the bottom, change the file type to "Clone (no records)", and let the file name default to the name of your existing file followed by Clone.  Click OK.

Open the Clone file, add a record, and enter the date "2/12/09".  Does this expand to 2009 or 1909?  If the former, then you can import the original records into this new file.

Please continue to keep me updated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FileMaker Pro 6 Not Recognizing 2000
                stellagirl12
                   Thanks again for your help.  I will give this a shot this weeked and let you know the outcome.