7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 3:10 PM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Pro 8 - Only Show Higher Record

ShaunHamid

Title

Filemaker Pro 8 - Only Show Higher Record

I'm not sure if this is possible, but after staring at my database for an hour trying to figure it out I need help.

I have a database that generates a list of approval take numbers for notes on a video project.  This list is then given to an editor who inserts the approved scene into the video project.  Sometimes we need to call these notes on more than one record because different issues require different notes, however when everything is said and done, the approved take number that the editor needs is only ever the highest number.  However if the first record for the scene was approved at say Take 3 and the second record was approved at Take 4, I would like to generate a list where it only lists the record with the higher number (Take 4 in this case).  It would need to do this for multiple different scenes, so it would need to be able to list the higher values record only across multiple records where the scene number is the same.  I hope that makes sense, and let me know if you need any clarification.  My simple question is twofold, is that possible and if so how would you go about it?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out with this.

Shaun