4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 9:27 AM by Screen1

Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start

Screen1

Title

Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start

Hello!

I was changing our customers laptop to a new one (HP 6735b XPPro) and was moving their production software to the new machine.

I installed Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 from a installation package.

Installation went fine without errors. When starting the program first time (and after that every time) Filemaker Pro window opens with menu bar but the activate window wont show up, neither the Filemaker start window. Program hangs and have to be closed with Task Manager.

I have allready uninstalled F-Secure IS 2009 and disabled Windows firewall, deactivated all start programs and services (except Microsoft services and Filemaker activation service). Problem stays.

Has anyone met the same problem ?? Do you have have Fix or solution??

Mika

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start
          TSGal

Screen1:

Thank you for your post.

It is difficult to determine what is the cause without seeing the machine.

You've done a lot of the things I would have asked, and I'd like you to do a little more.  From the Start menu, select "Run", and run "msconfig".  Hide all Microsoft Services and stop all non-Microsoft Services.  I want to try this with a plain system.  If this works, then we can start adding the services again.

Are any other applications running?

Please continue to keep me posted.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start
            Screen1

Thanks TSGal!

You were quick! I just did allready. I used msconfig to disable all the services and startup programs. Didnt help. In fact I managed to get the activation screen once but when I chose Quit and tried to activate the necessery ones back it didnt work after boot. When I put all the services and programs offline again I was surpriced it didt work again even it did once. 

I just thought someone might have had same issue earlier.

It can still be the faulty OS. Propably have to reinstall it from the HP media. 

Mika

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start
              TSGal

Mika:

Were any system settings changed since you first go the machine.  I don't know where you are located, but I know there have been some problems reported if the language settings and region settings are not equal.  When set equal, the program will activate, and you can change the settings afterwards.  Also, if the clock is set to a future date, this caused a problem in one instance.

When you received the activation screen and entered your information, what occurred after that?  Were you able to run FileMaker Pro?  If not, did it freeze?  Did you receive an error code?  Any additional information would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro 9.03v3 hangs on start
                Screen1

Hi TSGal!

Im located in Finland. I didnt chech those regional settings but I assume they are all finnish. I Didnt activate it because I wanted first ensure the installation is fine before deactivating the key from earlier machine. The activation window had the key in the boxes but I quitted. I also made a test installation in my own HP laptop, it went fine and I get the activation screen every time I start the FilemakerPro (so the installation pakcage is fine)

I have to check those regional settings again.

Mika