3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 2:53 PM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Pro Advanced demo or videos

RonJennings

Title

Filemaker Pro Advanced demo or videos

I think FMP Advanced would help me with some of the database projects at my work but I'd like to see some videos of the Advanced-specific features "in action" or better yet tinker with a trial version.  

I've looked around and can't find either of those.  Do they exist?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced demo or videos
          philmodjunk

Probably not on the videos and definitely not on the Trial.

I can tell you that the ability to:

1.           Run scripts with a script debugger
          3.           Create Custom menus
          5.           Create or import custom functions
          7.           Create database design reports

are all extremely  useful features for both expert and novice database designers.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced demo or videos
            RonJennings

I saw those features and the others listed on the site & they have piqued my interest more than a little bit but without seeing them actually used to get a better understanding of just how useful they could be (or more correctly, show my boss on how useful they could be) it's a tough sell.

Looking back, I think the design reporting feature would have helped a lot with the database I had to convert from 5.5 to 12 & the table/field replicator would (I think) help with a current project.  The script debugger has obvious potential as well.

I can undertand the reluctance at a demo but why not some videos?  Sounds like basic good marketing material to me.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced demo or videos
              philmodjunk

but why not some videos?

That's not a question that I can answer as I don't work for Filemaker Inc., but there are a number of videos on you-tube that demo different aspects of FileMaker. I haven't heard of any that are specific to Filemaker Advanced, but you might do a search on the site to see what you find.