3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 12:51 PM by TSGal

FILEMAKER PRO ADVANCED SHORTFALLS AND REPORT FORM LACKING

davekk

Title

FILEMAKER PRO ADVANCED SHORTFALLS AND REPORT FORM LACKING

ITEM 1: THE REPORTING FORM DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO FORMAT OR PICTURE FIELDS TO DISPLAY AS INTENDED.
      (EXAMPLE A PHONE NUMBER (111) 999-7866 WITHOUT CREATING TWO FIELDS IN DATABASE STRUCTURE; A DATA FIELD AND A MASK FIELD WITH SNIPPET TO PERFORM THAT TASK.)

ITEM 2: THE ABILITY TO CREATE FUNCTIONS WITHIN REPORTS AND THE CREATION OF FUNCTION LIBRARIES IS ALSO NOT AVAILABLE.. 

ITEM 3: THE SUB-SUMMARY GROUPING REPORT BAND HEADER DOES NOT CONTINUE AFTER FIRST PAGE OF REPORT (I HAVE A PDF OF THE REPORT BUT CANNOT ATTACH TO THIS POSTING)

ITEM 4: CANNOT CREATE A PAGE BORDER IN THE REPORT FORM

• 1. Re: FILEMAKER PRO ADVANCED SHORTFALLS AND REPORT FORM LACKING
          TSGal

davekk:

Thank you for your post.

Item 1 - Yes, you can format a field to display a desired format.  For example, if you type in a ten-digit number, you can format it to display "(xxx) xxx-xxxx".  Pull down the File menu and select "Manage -> Database...".  Select the field you want to format and click "Options...".   Under the "Auto-enter" tab, put a check mark in "Calculated value", and specify the calculation to be:

If (Length ( <phone field> ) = 10;

"(" & Left ( <phone field> ; 3) & ") " & Middle ( <phone field> ; 4; 3) & "-" & Right ( <phone field> ; 4) ; <phone field> )

Click "OK", and be sure to uncheck the option "Do not replace existing value of field (if any)"

Item 2 - What kind of function did you want to create?  Under the File menu, select "Manage -> Custom Functions..."

Item 3 - For each sub-summary, you have a value.  Placing that information in the Header would show up on each page.  If you don't want it showing on the first page, then also create a Title Header.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the PDF file, if you want me to take a look at it.

Item 4 - The layout will show you where a page will break.  If you want to force a page break, then double-click on the Sub-Summary or Grand Summary parts, and there are options to "Page break before each occurrence" and "Page break after every 'x' occurrences".

Does this help?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FILEMAKER PRO ADVANCED SHORTFALLS AND REPORT FORM LACKING
            davekk

MY EMAIL IS xxxxxxxxxxx, I cannot seem to find this private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the PDF file, so if i can send the pdf to your email that would be great!

• 3. Re: FILEMAKER PRO ADVANCED SHORTFALLS AND REPORT FORM LACKING
              TSGal

davekk:

I edited your message because it contained your email address.  I have sent an email to our Technical Support contact, who should email you directly before the end of today.  I have resent the private message.  You can find the private message by going to the top of this web page/thread, and on the right side, just below the blue banner, it will say "X Messages".  Click on that link.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.