AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Pro and RemoteApp (crash)

Question asked by busd on Mar 17, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2009 by TSGal

Title

FileMaker Pro and RemoteApp (crash)

Hi all,

I've searched these forums and google to no avail.  My problem is that I am attempting to use FileMaker Pro 6 client with Windows Server 2008 (x86) Terminal Services being delivered as a RemoteApp which remotely connects to a FileMaker Pro 6 Server database installed on another Windows Server box (2k3).  I know the FMP version is old but the vendor who created the database we use has not upgraded it to a newer version and doesn't plan on it any time soon, so I'm told.

So, I have configured my server for Terminal Services successfully and have 2 other apps running fine on it at the moment.

FMP6 client runs fine as a RemoteApp except when I come upon a dropdown box that I can click on which then queries the FM server to populate the list. At that point (sometimes, not all the time, but enough that it is a possible deal breaker...), the application crashes with the following event logged in the Application Event Log on the 2k8 TS server:

Source:  Application Error

Event ID:  1000

Task Category:  (100)

Level:  Error

Keywords:  Classic

Faulting application FileMaker Pro.exe, version 6.0.4.73, time stamp 0x3dd3fefa, faulting module FMML10.dll, version 6.0.4.66, time stamp 0x3dd3f916, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000051b4, process id 0xc38, application start time 0x01c9a7523bd42ccc.

I have talked with the vendor that created the FM database and they said this was a File Maker Pro / Windows Terminal Services problem and couldn't help me diagnose.

I have tried a few things to see if it helped but haven't had success so far.  I have tried giving the test remote user full admin rights to the server, I have added an exception to DEP (Data Execution Protection) for FMP6, and I have temporarily turned Windows Firewall completely off (Domain, Public, and Private networks all off).

Anyone have any ideas how I might fix the crashes?

Thx,

Poliz

Outcomes