1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 12:59 PM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Pro Backup question

jcmcdonnell3

Title

Filemaker Pro Backup question

I'd really appreciate any help with this.  Here's the situation.  

For now I do not have access to server and am trying to piece together a backup strategy with Pro.  I would like to create a script that basically does the following upon last window close ...

•           determines the account name of user
      •      
      •           depending on that account name, presents a message that says words to the effect "would you like to back up the file"
      •      
      •            if "yes" then automatically performs a "save a copy as" 

Doable?  Sensible?  I'm getting all confused about querying for the account name (e.g. do I use get(AccountName) and the syntax of the if logic.  Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.  

John

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Backup question
          philmodjunk

You might look at this thread: Saving Sequential Back Ups During Development

But insted of an Install OnTime script, you could use OnLastWindow close (Of the filemaker 11 equivalent) in File Options to do this:

If [ Get ( AccountName ) = "Fred" ]--> put the desired account name in place of "Fred".
                  Set variable
                  Save a copy as
               End IF

The two steps inside the IF will be ones used in the other thread (But use ".fmp12" instead of ".FP7" if you are using FileMaker 12.