AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Pro beginner

Question asked by LinseyPowers on Sep 9, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 by LinseyPowers

Title

FileMaker Pro beginner

We currently use FileMaker Pro 11 (on Macs) for our File Database. We then draft our products, which include word and excel documents on our computers, seperate from the FileMaker database. 

Currently our rough routine, after we receive orders, includes:

Entering order details into our file database (FileMaker Pro 11). Which includes the names, legal descriptions, sales and loan amounts, among other information.

Typing the title commitments. Which includes entering the same information from above into our Word document associated with that file.

Preparing Settlement Statements. Which includes, again, inputing the same information into our Excel document associated with that file

Typing the Final Policies. And they again, we must input the same information into a different (than the commitment document) Word document associated with that file. 

I am wanting to create a new system for our office, where the information from a particular file (record) in the database transfers into the associated word and excel documents. 

I can do the research associated with creating the project. I just do not want to spend a significant amount of time, if what I am wanting done is not possible.

Thank you in advance and please let me know if you need any other information to answer my question. 

Outcomes