1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

filemaker pro comes up damaged unable to open needs recover command?? how do i do that? please help!

vincenzasobolewski

Title

filemaker pro comes up damaged unable to open needs recover command?? how do i do that? please help!

hi

i use filemaker pro for work and my computer had shut down unexpectedly when i went to restart the filemaker program said that it needed to be restored i restored it and now it does not open 7.0 filemaker within filemaker pro and msg comes up damaged unable to open please use recover command to recover file ??

i have no idea what to do i tried to go in forum and someone posted to go under file and click recover then the file but file is not able to be located

thank you please get back to me

|Enza

• 1. Re: filemaker pro comes up damaged unable to open needs recover command?? how do i do that? please help!
          philmodjunk

What operating system, Mac or Windows?

You should be able to still find the file to recover it when you select Recover from the file menu. The one exception is if the operating system no longer recognizes the file as being a FileMaker file which might have happened when your computer shut down unexpectedly.

Can you confirm that when you tried to use recover,  you were able to navigate to the directory (or the desktop) where the file was located, but it wasn't listed in the dialog box? And that this was the location of the actual file, not an alias or shortcut to that file?

If you aren't sure if you are looking at the actual file or a shortcut to it, you may want to check properties (windows) or get Info (Mac) to see and if it is a short cut/alias, this is also a way to find out where the actual file is located.

Ultimately, you may not be able to recover your file. You may have to use the most recent back up copy you have of your file.