1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 2:52 PM by blackcat795

Filemaker Pro crashes on one computer and I can't figure out the problem?

pego99

Title

Filemaker Pro crashes on one computer and I can't figure out the problem?

I am running XP pro with 1 gig AMD processor and 1 Gig of Ram. Any version of FM I try on this computer starts loading and I get the splash screen and building font menu and then a minute or two later I get the message that Filemaker Pro.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close etc. I have tried Filemaker Pro v5.5v1 and Filemaker Pro Advanced v9v3. Even in safe mode I get the same message! I have run a registry cleaner to clean up the registry but the problem persists. I would welcome any ideas. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro crashes on one computer and I can't figure out the problem?
          blackcat795

could be a corrupt font in your system. Does Word work ok?

try opening your character map & scroll through your fonts to see if they display ok

Have you installed any new programs recently?

Can you go back to an ealier restore point & try FM again?

To check operation of fonts with FileMaker

Create a folder on your desktop & move all your fonts to it but leave the arial font in there so you only have the one font.

Restart your system & try filemaker again, if you still have the same problem move the arial font to the desktop folder & include one of the other fonts instead, again restart your system & try again.

If you find all works ok then you can assume that at least one font is corrupted(arial), try dropping in a selection of fonts say20-3 or so  & restart your system if all is still ok drop more in there& repeat the process unitl a fail.

Remember which fonts you transferred each time so you can remove & isolate as batchs if youget a fail.

If it is a font issue I would normally suspect a truetype font first

Hope this Helps

Blackcat