AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Pro is running very slow on brand new computer

Question asked by AdamCoy on Sep 26, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 by AdamCoy

Title

Filemaker Pro is running very slow on brand new computer

I am hoping someone can help us.

My supervisor just bought a brand new custom built computer and wants to be able to use that computer has his main office machine. In our office we run Filemaker Pro 5. It is run off of our server (server 2003) and all of the computers here (roughly 20) can access filemaker with no problems. His computers specs far exceed that of any other computer in the office except for maybe one. For some reason when we try to access filemaker from this machine it runs extremely slow (not usable) even though it’s hooked up and connecting the same way. We have been working on it on and off for about 3 weeks now and haven’t really made any progress. One thing we tried was putting filemaker on a local machine rather than the server and his computer was able to pull from there just fine, however keeping filemaker there is not an option for us. Here are his computer specs :

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

AMD  Phenom II X2 555 Processor  3.20 GHz

4GB of RAM

He is using a ASRock Motherboard : model   M3A770DE

If any more information is needed I am sure I can get that.

If anyone has any idea of what could be causing this to happen or how to fix this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Adam

Outcomes