4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2009 9:46 AM by GPV_22

Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels

GPV_22

Title

Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels

Hi there,

I am having issues printing to a 3x5 inch labels. (I had to create the paper size inside of the printer and faxes server properties.)

I am currently running file maker pro 8.5 v2 and Windows Xp SP3.

The printer is a Microline 320 Turbo.

It prints on 8.5x11 paper easily.

If i switch the paper size to 3x5 the print status pops up but nothing prints.

Also the Print Status windows pops up and does not go away after hitting cancel. I then have to close out of the program entirely.

Any help would be great!

• 1. Re: Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels
          GPV_22

I see my error. I am trying to print a 3.528 x 5.25 inch label on 3 x 5 inch paper.

If some one can guide me to an article to change the body size that would be great.

This is the first time i have used this program :).

• 2. Re: Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels
            philmodjunk

A bit more information might help. I happen to recognize the term "microline". Please confirm the following:

This is an Okidata Dotmatrix printer?

The labels are a single column of 3x5 labels sprocket fed through this printer? (as opposed to a multi-column "avery form" type layout).

additional questions:

Are you printing by selecting print from the file menu or are you using a script? If a script, please post the printing portion of the script.

• 3. Re: Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels
              philmodjunk

I see our posts are overlapping. Scratch that request for more info unless you've already posted it.

To change a body part's size, simply drag the bottom border of the part up. (Width is not important, filemaker will automatically clip everything that's too far to the right.)

One way to make this precise in size is to select View | Object Info... (or click the i button in top right corner of status area). Now click the label tag that says "body" and you can see the precise dimensions of the part and can change the height by entering a specific number into the Object Info palette. After entering a new dimension, click in one of the other info boxes to commit the change.

• 4. Re: Filemaker pro not printing to 3x5 inch labels
                GPV_22

Ahh. Ic. The cursor doesn't change when you move it against the line.

Okay! That did it!

Now I just need to see if it can print multiple labels.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!