AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Pro to replace a heavily macro driven Excel Spreadsheet

Question asked by J_File on Jan 22, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2015 by J_File

Title

Filemaker Pro to replace a heavily macro driven Excel Spreadsheet

Hi there,

I am at the start of a journey looking to see what software I can use to transfer information from a rather complex macro driven Excel Spreadsheet into an alternative software solution. I was originally thinking of an SQL database, but I wonder if FilemakerPro could work.

I am effectively looking for something with a back end that can cope with rows and columns of data, use the data in the rows and columns within mathematical formulas and then present the results of the raw data / results of the mathematical formulas in a report of some kind - the report could run to 60 or 70 pages and should be able to display text in paragraphs, text in tables and graphs. It must be able to work offline as well as online, and be able to sync back up to a main server. Finally, it would be great if we could create custom reports from the data in the database to interrogate it in different ways.

Do you think Filemaker could do this for me? I have no experience of databases / MySQL / filemaker, just many many years of Excel design!

Thanks, J

Outcomes