1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 8:24 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Pros - I need to create daily report including photos is this the program for me?

ShannonHulme

Title

Filemaker Pros - I need to create daily report including photos is this the program for me?

So I used to use Bento, It was great however it had a few limitations for what I need.

My job is to record the daily ongoings on a construction site and output a report daily and weekly including photographs. I had great success with Bento since it kept everything together and easily searchable. However the output of the reports was limited in how you can format things.

Will Filemaker be able to stream line my process? It would be great if i could also tag my photos so that an easy search would bring up all photos and reports related to something.

If this will work for me how difficult will it be to design a good template that will work both with my laptop and my iPad?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pros - I need to create daily report including photos is this the program for me?
          philmodjunk

In FileMaker, you can insert photos into container fields And these fields can be placed on a layout in order to produce a report.

I've even seen a demo by a SeedCode rep where they showed off an iPad project where a finance company sent out their inspectors with iPads to the different work sites to document whether the project had reached the needed milestone for the next release of funds. Each iPad downloaded a set of records for that inspector's day of inspections, the inspector took pictures at each site to document the work and then the collected/modified data (including the photos) was "synched" back to the main database when the inspector returned to a location with good WiFi connectivity.

(SeedCode is one of two companies that offers a Synch tool for synching data from distributed copies of a FileMaker database back to central copy of the file.)