3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 4:45 PM by KevinF

Filemaker Runtime loading wrong layout

KevinF

Title

Filemaker Runtime loading wrong layout

Hello,

I have a Filemaker Pro 12 solution that I am trying to package into a runtime. The solution was made by significantly modfiying the "Product Catalog" Starter solution, and includes desktop, iPad, and iPhone layouts.

The solution is set to load the a desktop list view when it is opened and this works correctly from Filemaker Pro.

However, when a Runtime version of the solution is opened, the Desktop view displays for a split second, and then the iPhone view takes its place. If the user switches back to desktop view but clicks "New Record", the runtime once again switches to the iPhone view. This makes the runtime solution unusable.

Any ideas what might cause this? In File>File Options, the Open Tab is set to "Switch to Layout" and the desired Desktop view. Maybe it's getting overriden in a script but I haven't explored scripts yet, nor modified the original scripts.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Runtime loading wrong layout
          davidanders

There could be an Open Script with Get(ApplicationVersion) that is misconfigured.

http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/func_ref2.32.14.html

Home > Reference > Functions reference > Get functions > Get(ApplicationVersion)

Purpose   --   Returns text representing the FileMaker application and version.
               Format    --   Get(ApplicationVersion)
               Parameters    --   None
               Data type returned    --  text
               Description 
               Returns:

•

Pro (version) for FileMaker Pro      --   Returns "Pro 10.0v1" in FileMaker Pro 10.0v1

•

ProAdvanced (version) for FileMaker Pro Advanced

•

Runtime (version) for FileMaker Runtime

•

Web (version) for FileMaker Web Client

•

Server (version) for FileMaker Web Server

• 2. Re: Filemaker Runtime loading wrong layout
            davidanders

I would make a runtime of the unmodified Starter Solution and test that.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Runtime loading wrong layout
              KevinF

Ahah, that helped me figure it out! Thanks David!

The default script only checks for "iPad" and "Pro"; if the ApplicationVersion is anything else, it goes to the iPhone layout. Pretty sloppy for a built-in solution. I'll make desktop the default and iPhone conditional.