3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 8:59 AM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Server script error

Kays

Title

FileMaker Server script error

heyy'o

i've got a script working perfectly on filemake pro 11 advanced client version , i scheduled the  script to run daily on filemaker server ( pro 11 ) but it doesn't work, it can't stop making planty of errors, i don't know whats wrong since the script works fine when i perform it from the client version.

ERRORS:

Schedule "CP - Update All KPIs" scripting error (101 [277x]) at "Carthage projects : Set_KPI_AT_Backlog_ClosedTickets_Weekly : Go to Record/Request/Page".

Schedule "CP - Update All KPIs" scripting error (101 [61x]) at "Carthage projects : Set_KPI_AT_BugFixing : Go to Record/Request/Page".

Schedule "CP - Update All KPIs" scripting error (101 [289x]) at "Carthage projects : Set_KPI_AT_Predictibility_ Forecast : Set Field".

Schedule "CP - Update All KPIs" scripting error (101 [290x]) at "Carthage projects : Set_KPI_BT_AuditEngagement  : Go to Record/Request/Page".

ANY HELP !!!

K|Z

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server script error
          philmodjunk

Can't tell much without seeing the actual script here.

101 is the error code for "missing record".

First check your script for compatibility if you have not already done so. Open it in Manage Scripts and select "Server" from the compatibility drop down in the lower left corner. Any incompatible script steps will turn grey.

Next, server will log error codes even when the error is handled correctly by your script.

Go To Record/Request/Page [next ; exit after last]

will throw an error code (101 I think) when the last record has been reached even though your script is functioning as designed.

Even when all your script steps are server compatible, your script can still fail due to encountering one of the many limitations that server side scripts have. This Knowledge Base article may contain a clue for you:  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7035/kw/Import%20server%20Scripts

Also, Script Parameters passed from your server schedule are passed as literal text, an expression here will not be evaluated the way it would be when you include an expression such as Get ( CurrentDate ) + 5 in your script parameter when performing the script from within Filemaker.

Given those limitations, its sometimes easier to set up a "Robot File" that opens at a scheduled time and runs the script from within a client session of your database.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server script error
            Kays

hey,

what i posted was just a couple of errors, i've got :

Schedule "CP - Update All KPIs" scripting error (401 [144x]) at "Carthage projects : Set_KPI_BT_AuditEngagement  : Perform Find".

too and many other errors,

i noticed that ( only ) all  "Go to record/request page" , "Perform find" and "Set field" doesn't work, however all script steps are server compatible so i can't find what's wrong !!

K|Z

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server script error
              philmodjunk

You can look up error codes in FileMaker help. 401 means "no records match this request". This could be harmless if you use Set Error Capture [on] and have your own script steps that check for and handle the situation where no records are found or it could stop your script cold.

Like I said before, we need to see the whole script.

1. You can upload a screen shot by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
              2. You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
              3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
              4. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.

Also, do you use the scheduler to pass this script a parameter? If so what did you enter as the parameter?