3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 3:11 PM by philmodjunk

Filemaker time-stamps

anicolais

Title

Filemaker time-stamps

does anyone know how to make it so radio button will record the time that they are clicked? I have a set of radio buttons that tracks the attempts made to a certain record. I am now trying to make it save what time the radio button is clicked so i can run reports of productivity for the day.

• 1. Re: Filemaker time-stamps
          philmodjunk

anicolais wrote:

does anyone know how to make it so radio button will record the time that they are clicked? I have a set of radio buttons that tracks the attempts made to a certain record. I am now trying to make it save what time the radio button is clicked so i can run reports of productivity for the day.

If you are using FMP 10:

Define a script that uses set field to log any info such as a time stamp into the appropriate table::field

Define a script trigger (On Modify) for that radio button formatted field that triggers the above script.

If you are using FMP 9 or earlier:

Create invisible buttons and place them on top of each radio button options.

Modify the script above to include a set field step that updates the radio button first and then logs the time-stamp information.

Set the buttons up to execute the appropriate script.

• 2. Re: Filemaker time-stamps
            D_J

No need for scripts or triggers.

Create a field, Radio_Modify.  Make it of type text and define an auto-enter calculation (always replace) =

Let([

trigger = Radio_Button_Field;

result = Get(CurrentTimestamp) & ¶ & Radio_Modify

];

result

)

PS: If you really are running reports, etc you may want a more robust system, which includes a separate table where a record is created for each new event.

• 3. Re: Filemaker time-stamps
              philmodjunk

D_J states

PS: If you really are running reports, etc you may want a more robust system, which includes a separate table where a record is created for each new event.

Which will then require a scripted approach such as my earlier suggestion. D_J's suggestion is simpler and thus may be the better one. It depends on ultimately on what you need to do with the time stamp data.