1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2013 7:20 AM by philmodjunk

FileMaker to Sage Accounts

KeithMcArdle

Title

FileMaker to Sage Accounts

HI Everyone

The company I work for is building a Filemaker database from scratch and it is almost completed,

We are looking to integrate the database with Sage Accounts, the main thing we want to do is the invoice page in the Filemaker database is to export all the details from the invoice into Sage to the relevant customers, ideally as a batch export at the end of the day into sage accounts, is they a script to do this, or a script template, or is there a direct way to communicate with sage, I know they are some 3rd party programs out there but they are really expensive, I'm just looking for the best way to this

Setup

Filemaker Server 11 (mac) but the import would be done on the user machine Filemaker Pro 11 ( Windows 7) on a network linked to the server

Sage Accounts 2013

Any help is greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: FileMaker to Sage Accounts
          philmodjunk

Does Sage support ODBC? IF so, that would seem the logical option to use here.

IF not, what file formats does Sage support for importing data? If you can determine the file types and data formats that Sage can import, you should be able to set up a system where you export data to one of about a half dozen different filetypes with the dat formatted the way Sage needs it to be and then you will need to import the data into Sage. If this is a windows system, if you can figure out command lines that will make Sage correctly import the data, you can perform those command lines via a script in FileMaker.