1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 11:12 PM by russbrad

FileMaker unable to receive MYOB ODBC response?

craigmckessar

Title

FileMaker unable to receive MYOB ODBC response?

Hi,

When I write to MYOB from FileMaker using the ExecuteSQL statement and the insert command the Get(LastODBCError) function does not recognise the ODBC driver response. It returns an error if the DSN cannot be found however if the driver returns a business rule error such as '[MYOB ODBC] - Item is not sold' the Get(LastODBCError) function does not return anything at all.

I need to be able to report to the user why an invoice could not be sent from FileMaker to MYOB. Unfortunately the only way I can do this is to do an ODBC import into FileMaker after running the insert statement and if the invoice did not transfer the user will get a generic message that says. "For some reason invoice no. xx did not transfer to MYOB". Not particulary helpful to the accounts person.

If anyone has encountered this I would greatly appreciate some insight.

Cheers,

Craig

MYOB_ODBC_error_response.png

• 1. Re: FileMaker unable to receive MYOB ODBC response?
          russbrad

Hi

Have you had success with the executesql script step to export data to myob? I setup the MYOB DSN and used MYOB's test app to confirm all was well. When I went to specify the executesql script step it asked me to authenticate again (I did that in the dsn). I can't get past that authentication step and I'm not sure why I need to authenticate again anyway.