6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 8:36 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Web Companion Plug-in and PHP API

ayandyan

Title

Filemaker Web Companion Plug-in and PHP API

Hi, I'm a PHP developer and am totally new to filemaker. I downloaded and installed filemaker pro 10 trial version on my Windows XP Professional SP3 pc. I plan to develop a project using PHP and filemaker as its database. I discovered I have two options to implement that - use the Filemaker PHP API or Chris Hansen's free FX.php class.

My first question is where can i download the Filemaker PHP API? (Should the API come along with the installed version?)

Also, I encountered the Web Companion feature on the materials that I have read, but the problem is I could not find it on my installed Filemaker pro 10. The documents say it's supposed to be on Edit->Preferences->Web-Companion because the plugin, as they say comes along, with the software. On my installation, it's not there no matter where I look. Perhaps, I could download the Web Companion plug-in on the internet, but I could not find it anywhere as well.

My second question is where can I download the Web Companion plug-in so that I could install it and enable it Filemaker?

Any help is greatly appreciated.