2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 10:32 AM by richardcolletti@hotmail.com

Filemaker web forms that contain private information.

richardcolletti@hotmail.com

Title

Filemaker web forms that contain private information.

I would be very grateful for any help with a problem that has me scratching my bald head for the last several months. 

I would like to have a link from my website that would point patients to my Filemaker instant web publishing database.  I can do this with no difficulty.  What I would like to have help with is the following:

I would like to have the respondent be able to fill out his/her demographic and medical information into my filemaker database, which is already working.  I don’t know how to make it so when they get to the filemaker database, they will only be able to see their record and not anyone else’s.   Here are the steps that I would like to accomplish with my database:

1. The respondent provides unique username and password when opening the layout that I want them to go to.
      2. The respondent enters/inputs the form related fields, that I have already created, which consist of private information that should not be ever shared with other respondants (HIPAA requirements).
      3. The respondent could never move away from their unique record and view someone else’s record/private information.
      4. The respondent could log out and later log into their record, over time, to update or finish what they already input or left off.

I am not sure where to go for help as I have tried to find other examples of this type of solution on the forums with no luck.  

Thank you in advance for any help that you may have to offer.