AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker12 Pro Header/Footer issue when printing

Question asked by Atkins on Feb 26, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

FileMaker12 Pro Header/Footer issue when printing

Hello,

We're testing FileMaker 12 Pro in my office and have been using FileMaker 11 Pro previously.  I have created a function in my database that prints a barcode.  Here's how it is set up:

•           I have a layout just for the barcode.  It consists of 2 fields and one text box, aligned exactly how the barcode should print.
  •      
  •           I set the layout and page setup such that the available area is the same size as the barcode I want to print.
  •      
  •           I set all the print settings in my "Print" script so that it knows what size the barcode is and all that.
  •      
  •           When you select the 'Print' button in my database it goes to this layout, prints the layout, and returns to the previous layout, creating the barcode exactly as I want it.

Here's the issue I'm having.  When I try this in FileMaker 12 I get an error message that says "The combined size of the Header plus the Footer is longer than can fit on the page.  To print, first make the Header or Footer shorter or use longer paper."  This is using the exact same layout as FileMaker 11.  Also, I don't have a Header or Footer part in this layout at all, just a Body.  I'm not sure why this error is popping up in the first place.

So what I've already tried to fix this issue is:

•           Creating a Header and a Footer and setting their height to 0px.  That didn't work, same message.
  •      
  •           I then deleted the Header and Footer and tried again, thinking maybe it didn't recognize that there wasn't one to begin with.  No good.
  •      
  •           I also tried creating a new layout in FM12 and duplicating the setup in case there was something about the FM11 layout it didn't like.  No luck.
  •      
  •           I also went into the print margins and set everything to 0.  I never did this in FM11 but it looked like there was a margin in FM12 and this fixed that problem.
  •      
  •           I also tried resizing the length of the barcode in print settings and still got the same error.

I'm completely out of ideas and just curious if there's something special about FM12 that forces the header and footer to print?  I don't know what else to try, so if you have any ideas or can point me in a certain direction it would be much appreciated.  This seems like a very odd thing to change in a version update...

Outcomes