2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2011 8:07 AM by GeorgeMedley

files not modifiable when loaded onto another computer through windows Advanced Installer

GeorgeMedley

Title

files not modifiable when loaded onto another computer through windows Advanced Installer

I have upgraded to Filemaker 11 Pro Advanced.  In previous versions I have been able to use Developer Utilities to create a folder (containing a set of files) that can be used as the primary file for Caphyon Advanced Installer which creates a package that can be burnt onto a CD and used by others to install my specific Filemaker programme on their computer and to use the programme to modify the files.  The programme is designed to enable users to overprint our standard labels (produced in a Filemaker format) for Country Markets throughout the UK.

The programme does not install Filemaker on the users computer, it only installs the label overprinting programme.

Now I am finding that although the programme (called CML Overprinting) works perfectly on my computer, when put through the Advanced Installer programme and installed on another computer, when trying to use the programme the message comes up, "this action cannot be undertaken because the files are not modifiable".  I have ensured that the primary file is sharing for everybody (changing the default which appears to be "nobody" to "everyone") but this does not solve the problem.

I will be grateful for any help that I can be given

George Medley