2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2012 8:12 PM by davidanders

Files will not open!!!!!

filemakerbasic

Title

Files will not open!!!!!

For some reason , I went to go open my FileMaker databse file that I have and it will not open, it flashes the window quickly, brings me to a main window, where I can choose recent files, and shows me this message..
      Any idea what I can do to resolve this?
      Really don't feel like creating a new databse after all the time and effort put in to it (hours!!!!) 

Thanks

Screen_Shot_2012-08-10_at_9.29.17_PM.png

• 1. Re: Files will not open!!!!!
          schamblee

Have you try "Recover" under file menu?

• 2. Re: Files will not open!!!!!
            davidanders

OSX?  a Google for the error message brought up this

ISSUE:
            A FileMaker Pro application has Instant Web Publishing enabled.  FileMaker Pro is then closed.  To launch or open the application, you drag a database onto the application icon or the user double clicks a database.

In previous versions, launching FileMaker Pro in this fashion would produce a port conflict dialog.

In FileMaker Pro 11 and later, the port conflict dialog appears along with an additional message:

“The document “<file name>” could not be opened. FileMaker Pro cannot open files in the “FileMaker Document” format.”

RESOLUTION:
            This is an issue that is currently be investigated and does not have a set resolution at this time. 

However, please note that the issue only occurs when FileMaker is closed and the drag/drop or double clicking a database methods are used to launch it.  As a workaround, launch FileMaker first through the Applications folder or the application icon within your dock and then drag/drop or double click a database to launch a file.