4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 8:05 PM by dperez@animas.net

Fill and Increment every N records

dperez@animas.net

Title

Fill and Increment every N records

Hello,

I currently have an inventory of several thousand items.  When I collect these items for storage, I need to place 10 items into a box.  I want to be able to go to a specific box and know that I can find any one of the thousands of items is in a particular box.  What I'm trying to do, is basically give each box a location name such as A1, A2, A3 etc. where each box will have 10 items in each box with a serial number.  When I look up the serial number, I will then know which box to go to to find the item.  If I put all of the serial numbers in order, I want to be able to fill my Box location field with the Box location name, so I need to fill the first 10 records with A1, then increment the next 10 Records to A2, then the next 10 to A3, etc until I have all of the Serial number records allocated to a box location.  How would I go about doing that?  I've tried to figure out a way using the "Replace with Calculated Result" without success in FM v.9.  I figure there's got to be a way, but I just can't figure out the calculation.  Attached is a small example.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Database_Example.png