1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 8:56 AM by philmodjunk

filling of different addresses in portal field

smeagol

Title

filling of different addresses in portal field

please help....

I have two portal field.One communiction type,which is a drop down box  containing "phone,email,fax...." as commn type.Another a text field  communiacatin.
      I want......when i'll click one communication type from the  drop down box,then it should go to the communication field and ll take  the the respective contact....and save different contact for different  communication type.

e.g when i'll click phone as communication type,it should take ph  no in communication field.again when i''ll change it to email id as  communication type,then the communication field should be empty and  it'll take the email address.similarly all communication type should be  filled.Later when i'll click any communication type in the communication  type field,it should show the respective contact address/phone in  communication field..

• 1. Re: filling of different addresses in portal field
          philmodjunk

Hard to provide specifics when you don't layout your tables and their relationships.

You could define a calculation field that returns different fields depending on the value selected in phone type:

Case ( CommunicationTypeField = "phone" ; PhoneField ;
                      CommunicationTypeField = "email" ; EmailField ;
                     CommunicationTypeField = "fax" ; Faxfield )

But that assumes that each contact info is stored in a separate field of the same record or the same related record (modify field references to be tableoccurrence::PhoneField instead of just PhoneField) and I don't know if that's how you've set up your tables or not.