3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 9:04 AM by OtisReeves

Filter a Value list

OtisReeves

Title

Filter a Value list

I have a database that tracks jobs.. Under each job I select which employee worked on that job using a Value list of my Personnel table. The personnel table has 200 names.. but only 50  still work for me. the Table has a Current employee field with values "0" for former employee and "1" for current employee. I want to only be able to select from employee in that table that has a value of "1" What is the best way to do this?

The Jobs table is linked with my Employee table Via "Employee ID#" 

• 1. Re: Filter a Value list
          OtisReeves

After reading some of the post on this site I have decided maybe the best way to do this is to create a Calculation field in the table to Calculate and Full Name only if the Current Employee Value is "1" but I am stuck with making this calculation work.. Am I on the right track or is there a better way?

• 2. Re: Filter a Value list
            philmodjunk

Set up this calculation field:

If ( Current Employee ; EmployeeName )

or this one:

If ( Current Employee ; EmployeeLastName & ", " & EmployeeFirstName )

Set up your value list to list values from Employee ID# as the first field and the above calculation field as the second field. Set your value list to either hide the first field or to sort values on the second field.

And then only current employees will show in your value list.

• 3. Re: Filter a Value list
              OtisReeves

Thanks!! Got it working :)