AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filter on a Filter?

Question asked by MikeHaddon on Dec 26, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2011 by MikeHaddon

Title

Filter on a Filter?

I'm developing a system where I need different users to be able to see different subsets of data.  Then, I need the system to function based on that subset of data.  The functionality is the same regardless of the user, but the recordset would be filtered differently depending on the user.  This functionality would include filtering, so it would be like filtering on a filter.

Basically, I am creating a legislative tracking system.  The functionality is the same regardless of the user.  They can search for legislators, legislative bills, etc.  Where this gets a bit more complex is that I will have different groups using the system, including myself.  This isn't a security issue.  It is more of a narrowed scope issue.  For example, I may need to and only want to track 50 bills.  Another user is likely to be tracking 300 bills.  I would like to be able to get in an view and work with only those bills I am tracking, and not get bogged down by the 300 bills another user is tracking.

Is there a way to create and work in this narrower recordset, while maintaining the same functionality (which includes filters itself)?  Thanks for any advice.

Outcomes