2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 7:26 AM by WimRademakers

Filter on most recent input

WimRademakers

Title

Filter on most recent input

I have two related tables (files and action). The action-table contains information about the things I did in the various files. If there is a new action the former actions stays in the table so that I can always see what I did in the past. Each new action gets a timestamp. I would like to make a list that per file only shows te most recent actions. I made a latout with the field filename from the files table and a portal with fields from the action table. I want to filter the related fields so that only the most recent entry per file shows. After that I want to sort the related fields so that the action with the highest priority is on top of my list. I dont know what funtion I should use for filtering. Can anybody help me with that? Sorry for my poor English.

Kind regards,

Wim Rademakers

• 1. Re: Filter on most recent input
          philmodjunk

Your English is excellent. But please define for us what represents a "recent" entry. All entries made with today's date? In the last 24 hours? In the last week?

With that "rule" specified, we can set up a portal filter that limits the records in the portal to "recent" entries and then it's simply a matter of specifying a sort order on your portal to sort the highest priority records of that group to the top of the portal.

• 2. Re: Filter on most recent input
            WimRademakers

Thank you very much for commenting on my post. I will try to further explain my question. The most recent entry means the latest entry. For example my first record in my Files table (let's call it A) has three related records in the Actions table. The first related record (let's call it 1) was entered (using a timestamp) on June, 14th at 8.32 pm. The second related record (2) was made (also using a timestamp) on June, 15th at 10.12 pm and the third related record (3) was made (using a timestamp) on June, 15th at 10.24 pm. My second record in my Files table (B) has two related records in the Actions table. The first related record (4) was made (using a timestamp) on June, 15th at 11.15 pm an the second related record (5) was made on June, 15th at 11.18 pm. I want to make a list in wich I can see the records of my Files table (A and B) and (via a portal) only the latest entries for A and B (the entry of June, 15th at 10.24 pm for A and the entry of June, 15th at 11.18 pm for B). The list shoul look like this:

A   3

B   5

I want to get this result by filtering the portal records, so I can then sort them on other criteria. I don't know how to filter to get this result. 

I hope I made my question clear and of course I hope you can help me again. Thank you in advance. Kind regards,

Wim Rademakers