2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 9:30 AM by Terri

Filter Records based on Tab Control

Terri

Title

Filter Records based on Tab Control

<FMPro 11-Advanced system>

I have a layout that has a tab control. There are two tabs, FH2012 and SS2013. What is the best way to make sure that only FH2012 records appear on that tab and only SS2013 records appear on that table. I thought maybe a script trigger on object enter, but obviously the entire tab control is an object. Should there be a hidden button attached to each tab?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Filter Records based on Tab Control
          philmodjunk

IF the portals on on the tabs, then only one portal is visible at a time. You can either define a relationship that matches only to the desired set of records or define different portal filter expressions for each portal.

obviously the entire tab control is an object.

Actually, each panel in the tab control is an object and can be given a different object name in the name box of the inspector (position tab).

If the portal is not in the tab control, you can use OnObjectModify on the tab control and use GetLayoutObjectAttribute to determine which panel is now the front tab panel. This requires giving each tab panel a different object name in the inspector.

• 2. Re: Filter Records based on Tab Control
            Terri

Thanks, I didn't seem to understand tab controls like I thought. After reviewing this portion of "The Missing Manual" I think I fixed my problem.

And thanks for clarifying the object piece. That makes sense now.