2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 7:18 PM by PrisonProfessor

Filtered Portal ?

PrisonProfessor

Title

Filtered Portal ?

In summary I'm trying to populate a portal field 'Library of eXtra REads::PublicationTitle' using a drop down whose values would be filtered or conditioned upon the value of "Course::Course Name"

Layout = Profile of Courses w/associated table "Profile of Courses"

There is an layout field Profile of Courses::CourseName which is populated by a value list whose values come from 
           Profile of Courses::CourseName

I have two tables that are conditional value tables "List of Courses Lessons Primary" & "List of Courses Lessons Secondary"

Between these two tables are 5 fields 

List of Courses Lessons Primary::PrimaryCourse
           List of Courses Lessons Primary::PrimaryLesson

List of Courses Lessons Secondary::_fkExtraReadId
           List of Courses Lessons Secondary::SecondaryCourse
           List of Courses Lessons Secondary::SecondaryLesson

Relationships 
           List of Courses Lessons Primary::PrimaryCourse>>----<<List of Courses Lessons Secondary::SecondaryCourse
           Library of eXtraReads::_pkLibraryExtraReadsId>---<<List of Courses Lessons Secondary::_fkExtraReadId

Layout Profile of Courses Portal shows related records from Library of eXtraReads

Portal Library of eXtraReads fields

Library of eXtraReads::PublicationTitle
           Library of eXtraReads::PublicationAuthor

My objective is to filter(?) Library of eXtraReads::PublicationTitle to list only those Library of eXtraReads::PublicationTitle that match Profile of Courses::CourseName which should equal to entries in List of Courses Lessons Primary::PrimaryCourse

I then like to auto populate Portal Library of eXtraReads::PublicationAuthor with the author associated with 
           Library of eXtraReads::PublicationTitle

Sorry if to much detail or confusing trying my best to explain the objective

Thanks