AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filtering a portal? Script? Calculation? Help please

Question asked by kilbot on Feb 24, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Filtering a portal? Script? Calculation? Help please

Okay,

This is what I am trying to achieve with my database

I enter contracts which have a goal amount, then using a portal I pull over the companies that are performing on the job and the amount they are contracted for. What I need to know is how many companies (trying to get the highest number possible) it took to reach the goal amount. I want to get the number of companies that were needed but still would like to show all of the companies in the portal that performed on the contract.

Example:

Contract#123                                         CONVERT TO

Goal $5000

portal

Toms Painting $1000                                                               Toms Painting  $1000

Jays const       $2000                                                               Jays Const       $2000

bobs trucking  $5000                                                               Dicks Coating    $3000

dicks coating   $3000                                                               Bobs Trucking   $5000

Total # of companies to reach goal: 3

Then I need to know how many companies were over the goal. Based on the example above the number would be 2 companies.

Dicks Coating

Bobs Trucking

bioth of these went over the $5000 goal mark

Thank you

Outcomes