3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 3:21 PM by philmodjunk

Filtering By >

bookalaka_1

Title

Filtering By >

Hello,

How would I filter by  <1.  My solution uses a Global field to sort by code and I would also like to sort by Inventory available ideally greater than 1.

Thanks for help.

I have relationships as

CodePBpk X CodePBpk

Gsearchfield x CodePBpk

GsearchFieldQty ? InvAvailable

PriceBook_e::gSearchField= Left (Inventory_Items_4select::Code_PB_pk; Length (PriceBook_e::gSearchField ) ) and IsEmpty ( Inventory_Items_4select::Price_Cs_LK )

• 1. Re: Filtering By >
          philmodjunk

Hmmm, well I think you mean >1 or maybe even >0.Wink Use >0 if you want all items with a quantity on hand of at least 1.

You have several options and the details of each depend on your database.

You, or a script, can enter find mode and use ">1" in your inventory total field to find all records with a value

You might have a value list of ProductID's where it's a conditional value list limited only to those products that have available inventory.

A portal might be used to list products with available inventory. If you use a portal, a portal filter or the relationship might be set up to limit the records shown to those on hand. If you use a relationship, the quantity on hand field needs to be a stored and indexed field--something that is often not the case with such a field as it may be summing up data in multiple records in another table.

• 2. Re: Filtering By >
            bookalaka_1

I am using the last one with a portal however haven't been able to get the "InvAvailable to work"  the field is stored and indexed. What would the formula be after

PriceBook_e::gSearchField= Left (Inventory_Items_4select::Code_PB_pk; Length (PriceBook_e::gSearchField ) )

???and or is >1  (PriceBook_e::gSearchFieldQty ) )

• 3. Re: Filtering By >
              philmodjunk

... AND Inventory_Items_4select::InvAvailable > 0

I am assuming you don't want to omit items with 1 item available.

or maybe:

... AND Inventory_Items_4select::InvAvailable > PriceBook_e::gSearchFieldQty

If you want the user to specfiy the minimum quantity on hand as part of the filter.