AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filtering Portal Based on Value in a Field

Question asked by iwrc on Sep 16, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 by iwrc

Title

Filtering Portal Based on Value in a Field

Hello helpful helpers.

I have a portal that shows people registered for a course that I'd like to filter to show only some people registered for the course dependent on their value in one particular field ("Reg_status" that is filled from a value list).

A little about my simple database:

Table Relationships (Three tables, People, Classes and Class Registrations) (All IDs are unique serial numbers)

People    <-------------------------->      Class Registrations                 <--------------------->            Classes

(Primary Key : People ID)                (Primary Key: Class Reg ID)                                        (Primary Key: Class ID)

(Foreign Keys of People ID + Classes ID)   

The portal I am working with is on a layout of the Classes table so that you are looking at portal to "Class Registrations." The portal is of every record in the "Class Registration" table that matches the particular Class ID of the record in "Classes" that is being viewed.

I'd like to change it in the following way:

-1. Change the portal to only show "Class Registration" records who have either "Paid", "Unpaid," "Complimentary," or "Payment pending-Check in mail," in as value in the field of "Class Registration:Reg Status."

-2. Then do a count of only the records that a appear in this filtered portal, is that possible?

Outcomes