1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 11:15 AM by philmodjunk

Filtering Portal Row

paul350passaic

Title

Filtering Portal Row

Hi FM,

I don't know how to go about this scenario. I have a portal row for employees hourly activity for each client. Entry in portal row can be as little as 10 or as many as 100 or more. but not all the entry are billed at the same time. Say I will 1st bill 25 entry then another 25 for the 2nd billing cycle then another out of 100 and want to save a somewhat summary page for each billing batch. I want to have a page with another portal that filters the row to show only requested billing batch I did. Like a history page for billed entry.

I know that each billing batch needs to be tagged differently so I thought of having a "date billed identifier" field. This field is date stamp to the date I billed them so thats how the FM will differentiate each row. So lets say I search for all 8/20/13 billed date. it should only show entry with that specific billed date. This can be easily done if only I have individual fields instead of portal row. But I thought I give it a shot. 

Thanks and have a nice day!

-paul

using FMpro11 (mac)

• 1. Re: Filtering Portal Row
          philmodjunk

If I read that correctly, you have a field named Date Billed and you want to see only related records in the portal where Date Billed matches a specified date.

If you add a global date field such as YourLayoutTable::gSelectedDate

You can use this portal filter expression:

YourLayoutTable::gSelectedDate = PortalTable::Date Billed

to limit the records shown to those with a specific date in Date Billed.

But to get the portal to update smoothly after selecting/entering a date in the gSelectedDate field you should include the field in your relationship.

You can either use gSelecteDate as an additional match field with the = operator and not use a portal filter or you can include it as a match field using the X operator and then use the portal filter expression to limit the records shown to the specified date.