3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2014 3:10 PM by philmodjunk

Filtering Value lists

aspectmedia

Title

Filtering Value lists

I am attempting to validate an entry into a field with an existing value list called "Project List". Entry into  field "Jobs::Project Location" in a table called "Jobs" can be direct or a choice from a Value List called "Project List", which is created from the "Projects::Project Name" field in a table called "Projects".

I have a script triggered with a "OnObjectSave" in the "Jobs::Project Location" field, which has a drop down menu from "Project List". When the user tabs to the next field, if the name is not included in the Project List (the user has entered their own value/name), the user is prompted to fill out a new record in the "Projects" table, thereby including the new project name in the "Project List". If the name is included, the user can tab to the next field.

The problem: even when a name from the Projects list is chosen (thereby included in the the value lis Project List), it still prompts the user to create a new record.

This script worked in FMP12, but does not seem to work in FMP13. Can you take a look and let me know if you see anything wrong with the calculation to determine if the name is in fact included in the value list? The test calculation is as follows:

ValueCount ( FilterValues ( ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "Project List" ) ; Jobs::Project Location ) )

Any help would be much appreciated.

Screen_Shot_2014-02-14_at_4.29.14_PM.png