1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 8:15 AM by philmodjunk

Filters in Reports

AmjadMiandad

Title

Filters in Reports

Hi friends,

Sorry to say that there is very few data or tutorial available to guide through report generation and designs or may be its my ignorance that I couldn't find enough yet.

I have designed or created some reports from my database, but I'm stuck at few things, lets say if my data is like asset entry which contains

i.e. my form with sample data

Asset Name:  Laptop/Table/Chair/LCD/Projector

Asset Category: IT Equipments/General Equipments/Furniture/Electrical Equipments

Custodian: John/Timmy/Daisy

Date of Purchased: different dates

Date Taken Over: some dates for custodian taken over the asset

Warranty: Yes/No

Warranty Status: Valid ( - - - days remaining)/Expired

How can I easily setup a system if I need to creat a report for Only Laptops so it may show me details of all the laptops we have, or using a field of custodian so it may generate a report having specific fields to show which assets this custodian have, and if I would have to create a report mentioning date range for purchase or hand over or take over etc. also could create a report for nearly expiring assets.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Filters in Reports
          philmodjunk

How can I easily setup a system if I need to creat a report for Only Laptops so it may show me details of all the laptops we have,

Enter find  mode and specify "laptops". Perform the find. If needed use sort records to sort your results. This can be done manually by selecting menu options or in a script.

And you can likewise perform finds for a specific custodian and/or a range of dates.

This thread on scripted find examples may help: Scripted Find Examples

And here is a tutorial on summary reports that may be helpful: Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial